About Carlton Electric:
At Carlton Electric, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on positive growth and energy. We aim to provide our employees with the resources, training and support necessary to help them achieve their career goals. We recognize that our employees are the key to our success, and we aim to provide them with a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience.
So, what does a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience look like? It looks like annual employee appreciation events (who doesn’t love a good raffle?), community support and volunteering opportunities, free after-hours training on topics from business financials to pipe-bending, paid-for trade school tuition and other career development opportunities. It looks like being named a Denver Post Top Workplace, then throwing a party to celebrate with our families and coworkers (who doesn’t love a BBQ food truck, cornhole tournament and bouncy houses for the kids?). We don’t take our employees for granted and we plan to continue to strive to be one of the best companies in Denver to work for.
The right person for this position:
The perfect fit for this position is someone who enjoys working as a part of team to achieve success. They are hungry to learn, can take direction while providing input and can work successfully with others. This person has a particular love for data and numbers while being able to understand the bigger picture. Entrepreneurial at heart, this person can solve problems on the fly using creative methods. They are ready to be a key player in the company’s success and have a desire to be a department leader.
Location: Denver, Colorado – Opportunity to work remote, once fully trained and oriented.
- Exemplify the Carlton Core - Core values, purpose, BHAG.
- Attend job/site walks with customers.
- Strengthen and develop customer relationships with current customers.
- Support strategic company initiatives through superior customer service, both internally and externally.
- Produce accurate, competitive, and profitable bids and proposals.
- Help ensure processes are effective and efficient.
- Help teach and develop junior estimators.
- Utilize proper time management to ensure highest and best use of time.
- Work as a team to schedule and delegate tasks to meet customer deadlines.
- Keep accurate records of documents and communications, including but not limited to drawings, specs, quotes, emails, etc.
- Utilize Accubid and LiveCount to accurately project costs.
- Provide detailed breakdowns of the project during takeoff.
- Gather material quotes from vendors and service quotes from subcontractors.
- Participate in project turnover meetings with project managers and field operations.
- Create initial budget with the project manager and foreman to be used for tracking the progress of the project.
- Attend trainings for career development.
- Minimum 3 years of electrical estimating experience required.
- Experienced and comfortable with bidding commercial jobs ranging from $200K - $5M.
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills required (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, etc.).
- Proficient and professional reading and writing skills required (emails, grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Proficiency with Bluebeam required.
- Hunger for growth, knowledge and further personal/professional development required.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check required.
- Design-Build and Design-Assist experience preferred.
- Electrical field experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Accubid and LiveCount preferred.
- Proficiency with database management preferred.
Reporting: The Senior Electrical Estimator reports to the Preconstruction Manager.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Use hands and fingers to type, grip, write, maneuver, feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office setting noise levels to be expected. Semi-open office concept.
- Opportunity for occasional remote work once fully trained and knowledgeable about company and role expectations.
- Occasional travel to jobsites, both indoor and outdoor with variable weather conditions may be required.
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Start Date: TBD
- Status: Full-Time, Exempt
- Schedule: General working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 4:30PM. Flexible hours, but work may require nights and weekends depending on project deadlines.
- Pay Rate: $80,000-$115,000+/year depending on experience. *
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
- Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for, but not guaranteed a yearly bonus.
- Vehicle: This position is eligible for a company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
- Phone: This position is eligible for a company phone or phone allowance.
- Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Employee assistance program.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match. Roth and traditional options available.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.