About Carlton Electric:
At Carlton Electric, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on positive growth and energy. We aim to provide our employees with the resources, training and support necessary to help them achieve their career goals. We recognize that our employees are the key to our success and we aim to provide them with a positive, growth-oriented and exciting experience.
So, what does a positive, growth-oriented and exciting experience look like? It looks like annual employee appreciation events (who doesn’t love a good raffle?), community support and volunteering opportunities, free after-hours training on topics from business financials to pipe-bending, paid-for trade school tuition and other career development opportunities. It looks like being named a Denver Post Top Workplace, then throwing a party to celebrate with our families and coworkers (who doesn’t love a BBQ food truck, cornhole tournament and bouncy houses for the kids?). We don’t take our employees for granted and we plan on continuing to strive to be one of the best companies in Denver to work for.
The right fit for this position:
The Safety Coordinator works with all company departments (Preconstruction, Operations, Service, Field Operations and Administrative) to assist in building and enforcing our number one core value, BE SAFE. The Safety Coordinator will work closely with the Field Operations team to drive change, improvement, and accountability around Carlton Electric’s safety culture. The Safety Coordinator will assist us in pursuing our purpose of providing positive growth and energy to our people, our industry and our community.
The perfect fit for this position is confident yet humble, self-motivated and values accountability. They enjoy working as a part of team to achieve success. They are hungry to learn, enjoy teaching others, can take direction, and provide input that serves the greater good. Entrepreneurial at heart, this person can solve problems on the fly using creative and/or proven methods. They are ready to work at a company that encourages growth, autonomy, and accountability and will work with management to set clear goals for their future.
- Exemplify the Carlton Core – core values, purpose, BHAG.
- Serve as the go-to person for all things safety related across the company. Develop relationships and establish trust with employees at every level and hold yourself, leadership, and all personnel accountable for their actions around safety.
- Know and maintain processes and procedures for safety and excellence within the company.
- Conduct regular job site inspections to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and codes and ensure safe working practices and environments.
- Plan and coordinate safety/health training and classes for all employees, especially field employees.
- Work with Human Resources to lead and coordinate new-hire safety orientation.
- Lead and/or coordinate all reoccurring safety trainings and certifications.
- Maintain and track employee safety certifications.
- Complete reports of safety inspections in a timely manner, noting any deficiencies/violations, developing a plan of corrective action, and following up to ensure completion of corrective action.
- Attend safety meetings with contractors and complete any required reports.
- Coordinate and communicate weekly toolbox talks.
- Champion/conduct investigations for all safety/workers comp incidents and claims. Work with our workers comp insurance and HR to fill out first reports of injury, gather supervisor and witness incident reports, and update/monitor return to work programs.
- Assist in the job start up process by identifying closest workers comp/emergency medical locations and ensuring all job sites have the proper basic safety equipment (first aid kits, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Develop, train, and implement emergency plans and procedures for job sites.
- Champion/assist HR and finance with required regulatory reports to ensure they are completed timely and accurately (OSHA 300A, etc.).
- Assist foremen, superintendents, project managers and other leadership personnel in recognizing and controlling hazardous working conditions.
- Send emails and other communications to the whole company on hazardous working conditions. Also share company-wide communications on new safety initiatives, equipment, practices, safety successes and room for improvement.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Minimum six months construction site experience required.
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills required (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, etc.).
- Proficient and professional reading and writing skills required (emails, grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Effective time management, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills required.
- Knowledge of construction safety including OSHA requirements (1910 and 1926) and ANSI standards preferred and/or will be required to learn quickly.
- Safety specific experience preferred.
- Safety degree preferred.
Reporting: The Safety Coordinator reports to the Director of Field Operations.
- Sitting – ability to remain in normal seated position for prolonged period.
- Standing – ability to stand on one’s feet with little to no movement for a prolonged period.
- Walking – ability to move around on one’s feet for long period of time, often without breaks.
- Lifting – up to 50 pounds.
- Carrying – up to 50 pounds.
- Bending- ability to bend at waist, hips, and knees, sometimes for a prolonged period.
- Pushing – up to 50 pounds.
- Pulling – up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on and maneuver a ladder safely, both 3 legged and extension ladders for a prolonged period.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office setting noise levels to be expected. Semi-open office concept.
- Opportunity for occasional remote work once fully trained and knowledgeable about company and role expectations.
- Frequent travel to jobsites, both indoor and outdoor with variable weather conditions will be required.
- Working conditions can vary greatly depending on job site and time of year. You must be able to perform your work in hot, cold, muddy, wet, humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Ability to work from different heights including, but not limited to, on step ladders, A-frame ladders, extension ladders, and ariel lifts.
- Potential to work in restricted areas such as manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, trenches, attics, vaults, switchgear rooms and more.
- All employees must always wear personal protective equipment on the job site including, safety boots, hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, and ear plugs.
- Potential to work overtime and night shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be okay with working in areas ranging, but not limited to Colorado Springs to Fort Collins.
- Location: Denver, Colorado - Opportunity for remote work once fully trained. More than half of your time will be spent on job sites.
- Start Date: TBD
- Status: Full-Time, Exempt
- Schedule: General working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 4:00PM. This position many require nights and weekends depending on project deadlines.
- Pay Rate: $50,000-$75,000+/year depending on experience. *
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good-faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
- Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for, but not guaranteed a yearly bonus.
- Vehicle: This position is eligible for a vehicle allowance.
- Phone: This position is eligible for a company phone or phone allowance.
- Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Employee assistance program.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match. Roth and traditional options available.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.