About Carlton Electric:
Carlton Electric exists to power possibilities and enhance lives. We believe that who we are and who we are looking to hire can be summed up by our five core values:
It is our moral obligation to keep our co-workers and customers safe. From the job site to the office nothing comes before safety.
BE A GOOD PERSON
We admit and own our mistakes even if it hurts the bottom line. We keep our promises and treat others how we want to be treated. We look out for the best interest of our co-workers and our customers. We know good people make good businesses which make good communities.
DO THE RIGHT THING
We believe transparency and honesty breed trust. Trust is the foundation of a great relationship with our co-workers and our customers. We will never commit to something we cannot do.
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
We are ambitious and competitive. We constantly challenge and innovate our own processes fostering personal and professional growth. We believe in never ending education as every level of the organization. We aim to improve ourselves every day. Aim high. Think big. Take risks.
WHATEVER IT TAKES
We never settle for “I don’t know.” We overcome obstacles, find solutions, and provide results. Everyone at any time is willing to be a broom pusher, a ditch digger, or a wire puller. We will get it done. Guaranteed.
The electrical estimator is responsible for estimating, reviewing, and preparing electrical bids, quotes, and proposals for various types of commercial electrical contracts. They work closely with management to ensure a successful and profitable job. The electrical estimator is also largely responsible for developing long-standing and quality relationships with customers and clients. The estimator is often times the first person in the company who a potential client interacts with, so it is pertinent that they represent the company accurately, openly, and charismatically.
- Work closely with the estimating department on a day-to-day basis.
- Attend job/site walks with customers.
- Produce accurate, competitive, and profitable bids and proposals.
- Keep accurate records of documents and communications, including but not limited to drawings, specs, quotes, emails, etc.
- Predict manpower needs to assist the director of field operations with scheduling and manpower placement.
- Utilize Accubid and LiveCount to accurately project costs.
- Provide flexibility in takeoff breakdown and organization.
- Provide detailed breakdowns of the project during takeoff.
- Gather material quotes from vendors and service quotes from subcontractors.
- Participate in project turnover meetings with project managers and field operations.
- Create initial budget with the project manager and foreman to be used for tracking the progress of the project.
- Strengthen and develop customer relationships with current customers and seek out and build relationships with new customers.
- Support company goals, growth, and development
- 5+ years of electrical estimating experience required.
- Proficient in Accubid
- Proficient with database management
- Experienced and comfortable with bidding jobs averaging $2 million dollars or more.
- Proficient with Bluebeam
- Electrical field experience required.
- Journeyman electricians license or above preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
The electrical estimator reports to the Director of Preconstruction.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Use hands and fingers to type, grip, write, maneuver, feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office setting noise levels to be expected.
- Opportunity for remote work once fully trained and knowledgeable about company and role expectations
- Occasional travel to jobsites, both indoor and outdoor, may be required.
Location: Denver, Colorado
Start Date: TBD
Schedule: Normal working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 4:00PM. This position may offer or require overtime, weekend, or holiday work, all of which are to be compensated at adjusted rates.
Pay Rate: $70,000-$100,000+ depending on experience. *
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good-faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for a yearly bonus.
Health Insurance: 100% of employee premiums are covered by Carlton Electric and coverage may be available to employee’s family as well.
Dental Insurance: 100% of employee premiums are covered by Carlton Electric and coverage may be available to employee’s family as well.
Vision Insurance: 100% of employee premiums are covered by Carlton Electric and coverage may be available to employee’s family as well.
Paid Holidays: After a 90 probationary period, employees enjoy (6) paid holidays including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 1 hour per 24 hours worked, capped at 120 hours. Accrual begins immediately after beginning of employee’s employment with Carlton Electric.
401K: Employees are eligible for a 3.5% match on the first 6% of their 401K contributions.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.