The project engineer (PE) is responsible for assisting the project manager and construction operations team in the day-to-day operations of projects and the construction department. The perfect fit for this position would be a humble, hungry, and smart self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to add value to a purpose-driven organization while gaining skills and experience to propel their own personal and professional growth.
Location: Denver, Colorado
- Demonstrate and promote Carlton Electric’s purpose, core values, and BHAG on a day-to-day basis.
- Work closely with the project manager and construction operations team on a day-to-day basis.
- Support the field! Run interference between foreman and client. Allow the foreman to build.
- Assist in material procurement by creating submittal logs. Track material and material delivery dates.
- Manage and issue up to date sets of construction documents. Verify foreman are building off the contractual set of documents.
- Assist in coordinating manpower and equipment needs with Field Operations.
- Accurately code or verify coding for invoicing and PO’s.
- Track Carlton and Vendor equipment costs (trucks, lifts, trenchers, etc.).
- Assist PM in pricing change orders using Accubid Change Order with Carlton Electric standards.
- Provide scope and updated drawings to foreman.
- Verify 6-week look ahead schedules are being sent weekly to yourself and client.
- Represent Carlton Electric well both on and off the jobsite.
- Keep accurate records of documents and communications, including but not limited to drawings, specs, quotes, emails, etc.
- Strengthen and develop customer relationships with current customers and seek out and build relationships with new customers.
- Support company goals, growth, and development.
- Review and approve weekly timecards for the field crews and measure them against the daily trackers on for job sites.
- Support the team in project meetings including taking and distributing meetings notes and agendas, capturing and updating a constraint log, and capturing/tracking action items.
- Oversee document control procedures for your jobs, ensuring that electronic files are saved, stored, and distributed properly.
- Support the PM/Superintendent/Foreman with punch list tracking and follow ups as well as with closeout procedures.
- Assist PM in monthly billings and cost to completes.
- Assist construction operations team in scheduling team dinners and events.
- Electrical field experience preferred.
- Must know labor productivity tracking or be able to learn quickly.
- Know how to use Accubid, Bluebeam, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Have great customer service skills and business communication.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
The Project Engineer reports to the Project Manager.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Use hands and fingers to type, grip, write, maneuver, feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office setting noise levels to be expected.
- Opportunity for occasional remote work once fully trained and knowledgeable about company and role expectations.
- Occasional travel to jobsites, both indoor and outdoor, may be required.
Location: Denver, Colorado
Start Date: TBD
Schedule: Normal working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 4:00PM. This position may offer or require overtime, weekend, or holiday work.
Pay Rate: $55,000-$75,000+ per year depending on experience. *
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for a yearly bonus.
Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family. 100% of employee premiums are company paid.
Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family. 100% of employee premiums are company paid.
Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family. 50% of employee premiums are company paid.
Employee assistance program.
Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
Paid Holidays: After a 90 probationary period, employees enjoy (6) paid holidays including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 1 hour per 24 hours worked, capped at 120 hours. Accrual begins immediately after beginning of employee’s employment with Carlton Electric.
401K: Employees are eligible for a 3.5% match on the first 6% of their 401K contributions.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.