About Carlton Electric:
At Carlton Electric, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on positive growth and energy. We aim to provide our employees with the resources, training and support necessary to help them achieve their career goals. We recognize that our employees are the key to our success and we aim to provide them with a positive, growth-oriented and exciting experience.
So, what does a positive, growth-oriented and exciting experience look like? It looks like annual employee appreciation events (who doesn’t love a good raffle?), community support and volunteering opportunities, free after-hours training on topics from business financials to pipe-bending, paid-for trade school tuition and other career development opportunities. It looks like being named a Denver Post Top Workplace, then throwing a party to celebrate with our families and coworkers (who doesn’t love a BBQ food truck, cornhole tournament and bouncy houses for the kids?). We don’t take our employees for granted and we plan on continuing to strive to be one of the best companies in Denver to work for.
The right person for this position:
The Preconstruction Coordinator/Junior Estimator works as a part of the Preconstruction Team to assist in bidding profitable projects. The Preconstruction Team is a crucial department within Carlton Electric that aids largely in the success of the company.
The perfect fit for this position is someone who enjoys working as a part of team to achieve success. They are hungry to learn, can take direction while providing input and can work successfully with others. This person has a particular love for data and numbers while being able to understand the bigger picture. Entrepreneurial at heart, this person can solve problems on the fly using creative methods. They are ready to start down a new career path and work with management to set clear goals for their future.
- Exemplify the Carlton Core – core values, purpose, BHAG.
- Work with preconstruction team on a day-to-day basis and support the Preconstruction Manager.
- Thoroughly review and understand projects and their specifications to be able to clearly identify Carlton Electric’s scope of work.
- Accurately and efficiently be able to takeoff and count items on electrical drawings using Trimble LiveCount and Accubid Pro.
- Clearly identify items that need to be quoted from suppliers and compile a bid list of the correct suppliers.
- Accurately and efficiently send drawing packages and information to distributors and vendors for lighting, gear, fire alarm, generators, etc.
- Accurately and efficiently review supplier quotes and work to correct any missing or unnecessary items.
- Use working knowledge of NEC to review drawings and specs for accuracy.
- Attend preconstruction meetings and job walks.
- Assist in creating proposals.
- Perform the highest level of customer service for our clients including timely responses to requests.
- Attend frequent trainings to improve skill sets.
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills required (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, etc.).
- Proficient and professional reading and writing skills required (emails, grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Minimum one year of electrical field experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical parts and materials preferred.
- Bluebeam experience preferred.
- Effective time management required.
- Math skills required.
- Analytical skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints required.
- Effective problem-solving required.
Reporting: The Preconstruction Coordinator/Junior Estimator reports to the Preconstruction Manager.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Use hands and fingers to type, grip, write, maneuver, feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office setting noise levels to be expected. Semi-open office concept.
- Opportunity for occasional remote work once fully trained and knowledgeable about company and role expectations.
- Occasional travel to jobsites, both indoor and outdoor with variable weather conditions may be required.
- Location: Denver, Colorado - Opportunity for remote work once fully trained
- Start Date: TBD
- Status: Full-Time, Exempt
- Schedule: General working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 4:30PM. Flexible hours, but work may require nights and weekends depending on project deadlines.
- Pay Rate: $52,000-$75,000+/year depending on experience. *
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good-faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
- Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for, but not guaranteed a yearly bonus.
- Phone: This position is eligible for a company phone or phone allowance.
- Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Employee assistance program.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match. Roth and traditional options available.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.