Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains compliance with all OSHA, Carlton Electric, and customer safety requirements and company policies.
- Actively works to acquire the skills and knowledge required to be a successful electrician via on the job training, mentoring and classroom work.
- Completes work with a focus on safety, quality, and a sense of urgency.
- Perform skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Mentors and trains level 1, level 2, and level 3 apprentices.
- Uses various hand tools, site tools and safety equipment as needed on the job site.
- Maintain tools and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
- Uses working understanding of blueprints for layout and coordination.
- Has a working knowledge of circuitry and electrical theory.
- Has a working understanding of the national electrical code.
- Has a working understanding of lighting control systems.
- Has a working understanding of fire alarm systems.
- Dig trenches for running underground electrical systems.
- Performs wire and cable pulls.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues with wiring and equipment.
- Assists with material handling duties on the jobsite.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Must have a valid driver's license
Must be able to work under all weather conditions
Prior electrical or apprenticeship experience is required.
Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for working with your hands
Demonstrate focus on safety, quality, and goal attainment
Must be able to mentor and train lower level apprentices
Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to pass a drug screen
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Must be OSHA 10 Certified.